Is Easy Green light sensitive?

Keeg

On 9/19/2021 at 2:53 AM, Keeg said:

Is Easy Green light sensitive? Its in a completely black bottle, so tells me that it probably is. And if so, how sensitive is it? Can I keep it under normal lights? 

IMG_1978.jpg

Interesting question. What would being “light sensitive” entail and imply? It may be that development found the black bottles just match the pump head. My guess would be that Easy Green is no more affected by light than other plant fertilizers marketed in white bottles.

After being an assistant to a lab, a bunch of substances are light sensitive. Toothpaste as an example, doesnt function as well as if it were kept in complete darkness. Hydrogen peroxide degrades much faster when exposed to light as well. So maybe Easy Green is also affected by light, based solely on the packaging. Such as making it a less effective product or like you said about the pump heads, causing it to crystalize. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 7:25 AM, Keeg said:

After being an assistant to a lab, a bunch of substances are light sensitive. Toothpaste as an example, doesnt function as well as if it were kept in complete darkness. Hydrogen peroxide degrades much faster when exposed to light as well. So maybe Easy Green is also affected by light, based solely on the packaging. Such as making it a less effective product or like you said about the pump heads, causing it to crystalize. 

I know many oils and vitamins and such are very light sensitive so I keep mine in a dark cabinet just in case. I also add a bit to everything I float on my windowsill daily just in case the light degrades it to far to be usable by the plants. I don’t really know one way or the other but I am cautious.

On 9/19/2021 at 5:06 AM, Fish Folk said:

Interesting question. What would being “light sensitive” entail and imply? It may be that development found the black bottles just match the pump head. My guess would be that Easy Green is no more affected by light than other plant fertilizers marketed in white bottles.

ahh but the old bottle was dark with a white pump head!

• Haha 1