Help! Ich-x not working

HollyJo

I have been using ich-x for 9 days and white spots are not changing. I am doing daily water changes of 30%. I have a shubunkin goldfish with small dots on his tail, dorsal, and a few random ones on his body. The spots are very small - like grains of salt. In the same tank I have a black koi that is missing some scales and has a few small white spots on his face and an injury on his cheek and a white butterfly koi who has pink fins. Water parameters are great. Today I added some aquarium salt. My tank is 55 gallons. How do I help my fish  get better so the entire tank doesn’t die?? This is a well established tank, have not added any new fish in 3 years. However, I have multiple tanks and do weekly water changes and had an outbreak from a couple Pictus cats bought at petsmart in another tank and I think I may have brought it to the other tanks from doing water changes and using the same gravel siphon. Please advise! I did lose another shubunkin from this tank a few weeks ago from dropsy. She did not have any of these symptoms. She looked like a pinecone. My pictures won’t upload from my phone or I would attach them for reference. 

thanks for your help!! 
hollyjo

Edited by HollyJo
Autocorrect changed the word fish to gosh and pictus cat to pictish. Grammar correction
  • Sad 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:14 AM, HollyJo said:

I have been using ich-x for 9 days and white spots are not changing. I am doing daily water changes of 30%. I have a shubunkin goldfish with small dots on his tail, dorsal, and a few random ones on his body. The spots are very small - like grains of salt. In the same tank I have a black koi that is missing some scales and has a few small white spots on his face and an injury on his cheek and a white butterfly koi who has pink fins. Water parameters are great. Today I added some aquarium salt. My tank is 55 gallons. How do I help my gosh get better so the entire tank doesn’t die?? This is a well established tank, have not added any new fish in 3 years. However, I have multiple tanks and do weekly water changes and had an outbreak from a couple Pictish cats bought at petsmart in another tank and I think I may have brought it to the other tanks from doing water changes and using the same gravel siphon. Please advise! I did lose another shubunkin from this tank a few weeks ago from dropsy. She did not have any of these symptoms. She looked like a pinecone. My pictures won’t upload from my phone or I would attach them for reference. 

thanks for your help!! 
hollyjo

Raise heat. Vacuum substrate. Ich tomites live in substrate. Heat speeds up their life cycle.

Water parameters just checked again now after adding salt about 30 mins ago.

nitrate 10

nitrite 0

water hardness is soft 75

total alkalinity now says high color matches 300

ph 7.8 

Do you recommend a water change now that the water went from great to not so great after adding salt? I added 2-3 tablespoons for the 55 gallons. I dissolved in water prior to adding to the tank. The aquarium salt I have directed 1 tablespoon for 10 gallons for recovery from disease or stress. I thought a little might help. 

It could be epistylis if you ich medication isn't responding or it could be a case of persistenty ich recommended treatment for epistylis is kanaplex in food and you can keep treating with ick x while using kanaplex in food  I would up the temperature to 82 and keep treating with ick x if you don't see any improvement then a would do the combination treatment94134388_Screenshot_20210915-1956572.png.542ad8baa989ea43bc52320053a40e31.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:26 AM, Colu said:

It could be epistylis if you ich medication isn't responding or it could be a case of persistenty treatment for epistylis is kanaplex in food and you can keep treating with ick x while using kanaplex in food  I would up the temperature to 82 and keep treating with ick x if you don't see any improvement then a would do the combination treatment94134388_Screenshot_20210915-1956572.png.542ad8baa989ea43bc52320053a40e31.png

Good call @Colu 

On 9/18/2021 at 10:26 AM, Colu said:

It could be epistylis if you ich medication isn't responding or it could be a case of persistenty treatment for epistylis is kanaplex in food and you can keep treating with ick x while using kanaplex in food  I would up the temperature to 82 and keep treating with ick x if you don't see any improvement then a would do the combination treatment94134388_Screenshot_20210915-1956572.png.542ad8baa989ea43bc52320053a40e31.png

Pretty sure it’s epistylis. Will It be safe for goldfish to go up to 82 degrees? Should I remove the healthy ones from the tank while upping temp? I’d really hate to lose all of them. Also, what is Kanaplax and does aquarium coop sell it? How do you mix it with food? Thanks! 

If you think it's epistylis I wouldn't raise the temperature Seachems kanaplex is a broad spectrum antibiotic I don't think aquarium co-op sell it you can get it off Amazon or eBay you will also need seachems focus it acts as a binding agent when mix with their food he's a food recipe

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png