Terra cotta shaping and sharp edges

Guppysnail

On 9/18/2021 at 5:18 AM, Keeg said:

Soak it with water and it should be easy to cut with a saw after that. Then smoothing edges with rough grit sand paper. Never heard of breaking it before. 

I was guessing at how they did it 🤣 that’s why I asked because I can see me with tons of crushed up terra cotta and no caves 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/18/2021 at 5:35 AM, Atitagain said:

I have always wondered this as well, I even got three of them and couldn’t figure out how to do it and didn’t have time to find out so just put them in whole to do it later.

It’s bare bottom I’m afraid it will roll over on the babies. I thought about propping it with river rocks but meh pita to clean then 😕

On 9/18/2021 at 5:47 AM, Guppysnail said:

I’m out of reactions at 5:46 AM 🤪 thank you

WOW....been busy have we...🤣

@Guppysnail You can take the terracotta pot and soak it overnight...then the next morning rub the side of the pot on very coarse sandpaper or the sidewalk for that matter and it will sand a flat spot on the pot edge and it will not roll.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:34 AM, ARMYVET said:

WOW....been busy have we...🤣

@Guppysnail You can take the terracotta pot and soak it overnight...then the next morning rub the side of the pot on very coarse sandpaper or the sidewalk for that matter and it will sand a flat spot on the pot edge and it will not roll.

Got some reactions back. I love to laugh! This sound awesome hubby gets fussy when I start snooping his power tools 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2