Lost a few of my original female guppies

Leo2o915

What's your male:female ratio? If males are outnumbering females then harassment could be a concern, especially if they didn't have any time to recover after bearing fry. Have you noticed harassment in their behavior?

Edited by Sykes
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sykes said:

What's your male:female ratio? If males are outnumbering females then harassment could be a concern, especially if they didn't have any time to recover after bearing fry. Have you noticed harassment in their behavior?

Well it was more females before it was 2 females per male and i did notice them harassing them after giving birth to the fry they would never leave them alone 

Harassment seems like a potential culprit then. If you have space, you might consider separating the males and females, at least temporarily. If not, my only thought would be to offer lots of hiding places. Or get more females... I thought 2:1 female:male tended to be a pretty good ratio (I believe that's the ratio I used for guppies in the past, but it's been a while), but someone more experienced may have more insight there.

25 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Harassment seems like a potential culprit then. If you have space, you might consider separating the males and females, at least temporarily. If not, my only thought would be to offer lots of hiding places. Or get more females... I thought 2:1 female:male tended to be a pretty good ratio (I believe that's the ratio I used for guppies in the past, but it's been a while), but someone more experienced may have more insight there.

Yeah might end up putting them in my QT and changing that to a guppy female and shrimp tank 🙂 since I ordered    Some dwarf chain loaches to help with my  snail infestation either putting them in the 20 long and moving the shrimp or adding the loaches