Celestial pearl danios

Stephen Zawacki

Although contrary to internet recommendations mine thrive in their semi retirement from breeding in high flow. I have a fluval 307 full flow plus aquaclear 50 full flow plus 2 coop nano sponges running full air from dual pump on a 20long with a breeding pair of BN pleco (reason for over filtration). Mine are very active always front and center when I come to the tank (beggars) I do reduce flow during feeding so less food is missed. They have absolutely no issues swimming in the current because of the shorter fins. 

Edited by Guppysnail

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have done a bunch of research on this question and also read a forum related to it, but I want to ask  I have 8 cpds in a 10 gallon it is a species only tank the local fish store I go to had a cpd tank with 8 adult cpds and gave them to me for free.  I asked them if that would be too many fish but they said that since they are so Small and since my tank is species only I'm a all good for them growing and being happy and healthy and not overstocked.  I am 99 percent sure that is correct since all the forums in here I have read but I want to make sure. 

Thx Stephen 

Also this is another question I'm thinking of getting my brother some cpds for his birthday he has a fluval flora kit 14.5 gallons 15x15x15 and heavily planted I think the tank dimensions work great but want to make sure 

Also I was thinking of getting him 16 also 

Edited by Stephen Zawacki

CPD bio load is pretty minimal, even once they're mature. I'd feel pretty good about a group of 20 in that cube. Like most little guys, the more you have, the prettier they are. They're also shockingly easy to breed so starting with a group of 6-8 can easily turn into 50 without much extra work.