New Peppered Coradoras

Averus

I finally got around to ordering some Corydoras, and decided to get some Peppered Corys (C. paleatus) because I liked the way they look and are good beginner fish.

I ordered six, and sadly one did not make the shipping, but the other five appear to be okay and are in quarantine.  Now I have some questions.

The fish I got were really small, less then a half of an inch.  I was expecting them to be a little larger.  With them being so small, I am actually a little worried about doing a de-worming treatment, after the trip and with them being so young, would that be too much for the little guys?

Any idea how fast these guys grow?  My main tank is a heavily planted 55 gallon with lots of wood, and currently has four Varitus Platys, six Lemon Tetras, six Black Neon Tetras and one female Pearl Gourami.  Everyone in the main tank is very peaceful, the gourami is one of the most docile fish I have kept, but I am worried about the little guys being overwhelmed when I add them to the main tank with them being so tiny.

I added some rocks and little shelter areas in the hospital tank, but the Corys mostly seem to ignore them right now and stay in the open.  Is this normal?

Also a number of them seem happy to go to the top to grab food, but I want to make sure everyone is eating.  I am limited right now for getting live food, and the only frozen stuff I have are some blood worm cubes and some shrimp cubes.  I have a ton of different freeze dried foods (daphina, bloodworms, brine shrimp and bug bites) though.  Any food items they would really like?  I did get a pack of catfish wafers for them too.

Mine were very small when I got them and they grew pretty quick. I treated with the trio when I got them and all are doing great. Just starting to get eggs. Mine eat bug bites real well as well as tetra color granules. They slurp up bloodworms like spaghetti. Good luck with them. I’m sure you’ll love them. 

My pepper corys were pretty slow growing I’ve had them about 9 months their almost 2” and all 6 are chunkers 45B5814D-49C7-4B52-9662-AD722481D5CB.jpeg.8b1c650a055cc2a01cbf15bebd15cb97.jpeg not sure about the meds. They will be fine with your stocking the corys will stay at the bottom they are probably coming to top to get a breath of air, not eating. My peppered eat anything that hits the bottom live, flake, pellets, wafers, anything. I recently got some advice and gave up on freeze dried food.can easily cause bloat. Staying in the open is normal mine are all over the bottom , try adding more if you can they are a schooling fish and it’s pretty great. (I also have about 20 salt and pepper corys)

a lighter substrate probably better for these guys mine blend in badD19A17CF-2DAA-4D0C-AF8C-1396A78069F1.jpeg.db459d26ffebdce3a3414579a74b1085.jpeg