Snail Recommendations

Okesa

The school I work at has several aquariums that had been kind of neglected. I am slowly replacing broken equipment and doing upgrades.

There are currently two heated tanks, and two that are unheated. In the heated tanks, I added some nerite snails to keep the glass clean. So far they have done a pretty great job.

I would like to add nerite snails to the unheated tanks, but I am concerned that the water temperature in the winter (possibly as cold as around 15°C) will be too cold for them, as everything I've seen online says they prefer temperatures in the 20s. Some websites seem to suggest that they will just become less active in colder water, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. 

Will nerite snails be ok? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for snails who will eat algae on the tank glass and that can tolerate cold water?

(Alternatively, should I just try to convince the school to purchase some additional heaters? One tank has a Gnathopogon elongatus that was caught from the local river, 6 amano shrimp, and some snails that came with the river sand someone used as substrate who aren't really doing much to keep the glass clean. The other has the eel that I posted about here).