Lighting for 46 gallon bow front tank

Kimberly P

I'm putting together a 46 gallon bow front tank & I need to get lighting.  It will be a planted tank.  

I like clip on lights because they are out of the way & not resting on glass top.  Do you think I could get two smaller clip on lights for the tank?

My budget is tight & I can't get the $100+ lights at this time.

Depending on the lights you could go with two, going with one that can span the entire length of the tank would be ideal and save you on outlets. There are plenty of options for lights that are not $100+ 

Is the tank going to be a low light planted tank or a high tech planted tank? That's more so going to determine your limitations.

I have been using a few of these. 

hygger Full Spectrum Aquarium Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell Extendable Brackets, White Blue Red LEDs, External Controller, for Freshwater Fish Tank https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XBX54DQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PD2K5XZQ22M8NPKA68KT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I really like them. I have one for over a year including it taking a swim. I original got and though I would upgrade to another finnex planted + 24/7 planted. Along with some others. The hygger is quite a but a bit less and can’t see the difference other that the fin ex has lots of options you don’t need. The top picture is of the finnex and the other is the hygger.  Both are on high. The color of the hygger is more of a white and the finnex is more natural. That is a personal choice. I hope it helps. Maybe some others have other lights that do good at the price you want.

373C4388-056A-4751-B125-90A21895E6B4.jpeg

3E4A3A33-6B17-48FC-9F17-C738C8B59AF5.jpeg