Tank Easter eggs/ hidden details

Keeg

Does anybody else have a little Easter egg in their tank or hidden feature that would go over looked but is a staple to your tank? For me it is the "sacrificial rock". I found this piece of slate in a box from a closed down pet store that was in the garage. After upgrading Bob to the 40 and giving him sand with new plants, this rock became the sacrificial rock. Its purpose it to honor the lives that were sacrificed for Bob. It has seen plenty of clams, shrimp, worms, and snails. Plus it looks nice and gives Bob a nice place to look for food.

Kind of an older pic, but you can see the rock in use. 

IMG_1876.jpg.248e681551c5fd848687381432a0f88b.jpg

Does something in your tank(s) have a little separate meaning? 

• Like 3

I love that you made that his food spot. So cute! The grapevine log in my pleco tank. My bearded dragon had ledges to sit on in front of all my tanks but his favorite was the pleco tank with shrimp. When he passed I used his favorite basking log in the tank replacing the manzanita so part of him could be there in his favorite tank. 

A4D1F93A-0444-4CA7-B031-B18DDC967B9B.jpeg

906413F3-7E09-4F44-8CBA-0CEC64DCD7B9.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

On 9/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, Guppysnail said:

When he passed I used his favorite basking log in the tank replacing the manzanita so part of him could be there in his favorite tank. 

Thats so sweet. Enough to make a grown man cry 🥲

• Like 3

I have a rock collection that would make a six year old envious. Most I find interesting, some mark a place or adventure, and some have a story.

The Easter egg in my tank was a 4" obelisk shaped piece of marble that broke from a roof at the University of Dayton while I was delivering some equipment.  Time and aquarium water eventually, eroded it down to meaningless blob of softened butter.

• Like 2

My living room tank was originally a habitat for a bullfrog.  Two artifacts from those days are now in there with the fish.  One is a decoration that acts like a little porch with a small cave under it that the tadpole and later frog used to chill out on.  Another is a mystery snail!  Luke the Snail coexisted with Felix-Jim (my son couldn’t decide between Felix or Jim for the frog’s name) and helped clean up after him.  He is leading a new life cruising around the same tank albeit with a much higher water level and a much larger degree of diversity in tank-mates!

Here’s a cory and an amano hanging out on FJ’s old porch while a few tiger endlers look on. 

23429419-98F8-4E8D-ACAC-62AAE7549320.jpeg

Edited by Scrum Fish
  • Like 2