Co2 advice needed...

Salsadoo

Looks like a lot if it goes like that 24/7, especially at night when plants dont use c02. You'd be better off actually testing the c02 levels to be safe.n 

As a side note, I have a similar looking heater in one of my other tanks and there's a maximum and minimum water level. Does yours have a maximum? Never seen that style be fully submersible. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 12:51 AM, Keeg said:

Looks like a lot if it goes like that 24/7, especially at night when plants dont use c02. You'd be better off actually testing the c02 levels to be safe.n 

As a side note, I have a similar looking heater in one of my other tanks and there's a maximum and minimum water level. Does yours have a maximum? Never seen that style be fully submersible. 

Yeah I'm somewhat afraid that the pH will crash by morning so I took out the snails I had in there. This is really just an experiment on a spare tank I use for plants. Wanted to see if it would be viable for my main.

As for the heater I want to say that it can be fully submerged since thats how I have always used it but I no longer have the instructions. It's called the Fluval m50 submersible heater so I guess... Yes.

• Like 1

You will want a tester in the tank to measure CO2 to make sure it doesn't go overboard. Honestly beyond the initial costs, a tank and regulator are not that bad. I feared it myself and just bit the bullet. At this rate the bottle will get refilled every 6 months or so for me at $20. Little money now for ease down the road and making sure fish don't get over run with CO2. 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 3:00 PM, Jimfish98 said:

You will want a tester in the tank to measure CO2 to make sure it doesn't go overboard. Honestly beyond the initial costs, a tank and regulator are not that bad. I feared it myself and just bit the bullet. At this rate the bottle will get refilled every 6 months or so for me at $20. Little money now for ease down the road and making sure fish don't get over run with CO2. 

Good chance I'll go whole hog on co2 but I'm still in the testing and experiments phase with my milk jug DIY... lol.

• Like 1