Interesting and uncommon tank size

StevesFishTanks

@s1_ those are the exact measurements (including thickness of glass) of my custom build that fit in the headboard of my kingsize waterbed. 

It disappeared from a storage unit in 2009, when I moved from PNW back down to the Southwest. I used it to showcase a pair of discus.

On 9/12/2021 at 4:28 PM, Torrey said:

@s1_ those are the exact measurements (including thickness of glass) of my custom build that fit in the headboard of my kingsize waterbed. 

It disappeared from a storage unit in 2009, when I moved from PNW back down to the Southwest. I used it to showcase a pair of discus.

I am in Pinellas Park Florida, what state was the storage unit in?

Not a great aquarium; basically a tall 40 long. The problem is not much can take advantage of the extra height.  29 is excessive even for angels and discus and i certainly wouldn't want to manage plants in an aquarium that tall. You really need more floor space. So unusual yes; but i suspect not many would find it pragmatic - at least for freshwater. I know nothing about salt water.

Edited by anewbie

@s1_ storage unit(s) were in WA, paid for shipping down to NM, and discovered half the boxes had been emptied and the items replaced with newspapers. 🤬

Filed a claim, and discovered that the court system has not caught up with shipping households across state lines.🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

On 9/13/2021 at 1:39 PM, s1_ said:

something cool like a rimless 48x29x12H using 1/2" just have to make sure none of it is tempered first. Might have quite the surprise trying to snap it

I cleaned up a bunch of glass with this intention just last night. As I was removing the final bits of silicone before my first cut, I caught sight of the FORD watermark in the corner. Time to pivot! 😬