75 Gallon Angelfish Tank

Andrew Puhr

Could 6 adult angelfish get along in a tank together? I have an adult male that is being upgraded from his 29 community with mollies and was going to add 5 adult angels from someone who had them since they were fry so those 5 all already get along. 

I know there is a chance of them pairing off and causing problems but I am hoping that the tank will be large enough to handle that and having a lot of jungle val in the tank should break up some line of sight problems. 

I was going to have corydoras along the bottom as well

Just looking for feedback to have success with them

The only way you are going to know is to try it and find out.  Your lone male is the wildcard.  I am down to 9 in my 75 gallon as I pull pairs out to individual tanks.  No injuries to speak of and started with 13.  You will get all sorts of strong opinions on Angels.  But in the end they are like people, some are great and friendly, some not so much...  Try it but be ready to move to another tank or rehome if need be.

I would want to know more about the 5 angels that 'get along'; like their sexes and age. I have 8 in my 120 and while they have managed to survive (2 are parents 5 are siblings of the 2 parents and 1 is well a long story); i would hardly express their co-existence as 'getting along'. Also i had 3 others (siblings) that i gave to the lfs due to confrontations. This is what my tank looks like:

120_march_27_2021.jpg.14a59ffcc5aed96c13933748162acc1e.jpg

Anyway the point of this post is I would want to learn a lot more about the 5 that 'get along' because I'm a skeptic unless they are juvi or the same sex. My tank does have a lot of hiding places in the back corners and when one of them takes a beating they know where to go to escape and at times they do more or less not fight too much.

-

I have 3 distinct pairs (though one of the pairs has quasi broken down) and 2 extra male - i.e, 3 females and 5 males. In the picture you can see 3 black males 3 gold males 1 platinum female and 1 gold female. Two of the 3 large gold males i gave to the lfs a few months ago because they were beating daddy to a pulp and well that is pretty much the only angel i pamper. The others are on their own. Btw the boss of the angels is the mother - the female platinum. She might not be the largest fish of the group but she can smack them where it hurts when she is angry.