Just saw all six Panda Corydoras at once

Patrick_G

On 9/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, Guppysnail said:

That’s awesome! Mine are pigs and bullies. All 11 front and center chasing guppies away from food stealing wafers right out of snail mouths 🤣

That’s my past experience with Corydoras but these Pandas can be a bit shy I really though I had lost two. I wonder if it’s the temp. 77F. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 8:55 AM, Patrick_G said:

My Cories would love some sinking wafers but it’s always a battle against Almano Capone and his gang of shrimp. 

Yup.  An amano shrimp will grab a Hikari wafer and carry it away.  I feed these:  https://www.aquariumcoop.com/collections/fish-food/products/xtreme-cat-scrapers-sinking-wafer sometimes.  They're too large for them to handle.

My Sterbai are fearless and hang out in the front of the tank. They are non stop eaters of everything.  I break up the algae wafers and snello into small portions and scatter around so the snails and my cowardly amano shrimp get some.  My danios and cherry barbs mostly hide in the plants and behind my large rock unless it's feeding time.

I have the hardest time telling if mine are even eating. I try to feed enough so that some of the flakes get down to them. I also feed them a mix of Hikari Sinking Wafers and Omega One Catfish Pellets, but they don't seem overly interested in either of them. They'll swim in the vicinity of them, but it's hard to tell if they're getting anything, especially since all my platies and tetras swarm that area soon after. They must be getting fed somehow if they're continuing to grow, though (albeit slowly)