Predator tank

Beau1990

I hope you don't plan to release the Gar into the wild after it outgrows your tank. The largest I've ever caught was 6' long, the largest I've ever seen was 10' long, and I think the longest that has ever been caught on rod and reel was 15' long. They have a voracious appetite and will eat anything that swims, but I'm sure you already know this.

Yea no he's staying with me for his lifetime. My daughter actually caught him in a local creek when he was very tiny I thoroughly plan on upgrading him as he grows, I'm afraid he's got stunted (at least partially) because he broke his back when he went into the 125. I feel like he got stunted by focusing energy on healing his back and not on growth

20200614_133217.jpg

20200614_133234.jpg

On 9/7/2021 at 6:03 PM, Gator said:

I hope you don't plan to release the Gar into the wild after it outgrows your tank. The largest I've ever caught was 6' long, the largest I've ever seen was 10' long, and I think the longest that has ever been caught on rod and reel was 15' long. They have a voracious appetite and will eat anything that swims, but I'm sure you already know this.

he has a long nosed gar there, and they can get up to 3'. still not a good plan to release them. florida gar do about 16". alligator gar are the monsters.

• Thanks 1

yes, alligator gar have topped #200 i believe. whatever, they get big. those would be particularily bad to release somewhere. they are large enough predators to take out a dog or small child. the long nose get something in the neighborhood of 12-15 pounds full grown. still not a good idea to release them either. the gar are very very cool to keep, and observe in a tank, but their size, and power is an issue most people should stay away from.

• Like 1