Genetic nerm help please bristlenose pleco

Guppysnail

On 9/7/2021 at 8:33 AM, Colu said:

I think to be classed as Show white bristlenose they should have red eyes not 100% sure on that

I found a place online (don’t want to link forum rules) calling them blue eyed snow whites but might just be gimmick for sale 

75040DE3-0D9A-419B-9830-49F49D5CA472.png

Edited by Guppysnail

On 9/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, ARMYVET said:

Oh wow...I have one of those Blue eyed lemon Pleco babies.  I didn't know that was what it was called.  I bought 10 albino longfin BNP juveniles. In a separate bag was 3 "extras" 2 Brown and 1 albino and it was in the batch of extras.

Teach it to come to the food bowl and beg for green beans 😉

• Love 1

On 9/7/2021 at 9:56 AM, Guppysnail said:

Teach it to come to the food bowl and beg for green beans 😉

I think I may need to move him.  Like I said he is in a tank with 12 other juviniles.  A few are bigger so it is shy and never comes to the front of the tank to eat with the rest which are all absolute pigs!!!

I usually try to put some food in the back just for him but I rarely get to see him well so Im thinking to move him might be better for his health and wellbeing. 

Thoughts?

On 9/7/2021 at 10:02 AM, ARMYVET said:

I think I may need to move him.  Like I said he is in a tank with 12 other juviniles.  A few are bigger so it is shy and never comes to the front of the tank to eat with the rest which are all absolute pigs!!!

I usually try to put some food in the back just for him but I rarely get to see him well so Im thinking to move him might be better for his health and wellbeing. 

Thoughts?

Mine were shy at first too. I would move him. Especially if he is not coming to eat with the others. Best case you will end up with a gorgeous pleco you never see because it grew up hiding. Worst he gets super stressed I would think. They do grow up as show stoppers and my two will eat repashy from tweezers and always come front to see me. Except now dad is babysitting back to back clutches. I miss my boy 

• Love 1