mvh pets

hi!

i got 6 kribs and want to breed them. i have them in my 240 gallon tank with a turtle and a lot of other cichlids, i think they are not breeding due to the stress from the other fish and turtle, even though the female has a large red "stomach". any idea what i can do to make them breed within the tank, or do i have to make a breeding tank for them.

thanks

240 gallons, depending on the floor print, could be just the right amount of space for them to build territories while all the other fish have their own. The issue is that you might not see them once they spawn. What other cichlids are in there? If the other cichlids are territorial or large, they might just have too much territory and the Kribs will be out of luck. The final thing is water quality. Cichlids and turtles create a lot of waste, depending on the conditions they might not be ideal to spawn. Finally, depending on the age of all the Kribs as well as how long you have had them it might just be timing, You can have pairs that are the right size and age, but they might just need to settle in. 

As I tell anyone looking to spawn anything, a tank only setup for them is the best way since you can focus on their needs.

Have a pair formed; do you have soft substrate and adequate places where they can find or build a cave? Kribs are very easy to breed but it takes a while for pairs to form - and if they were purchased today as adults you should not be shocked if it takes 6 or 8 weeks for pairs to form.