Disease help

CJs Aquatics

A few concerning things related to your parameters:

1) 0 buffer could lead to PH swings, or a PH crash. What is your PH out of the tap?

2) 200 nitrates seem quite high....very high actually. Most folks try to keep it below 40ppm, as a general rule. How long has the tank been established, and what is your water change schedule and stocking?

Sorry about the questions, but they could help point towards the potential issue at large.

I change water weekly, the tank has been set up and inhabited for months, the nitrates shocked me when I read the test strip bc it’s a pretty heavily planted tank that hasn’t had many issues except occasional ones in the past which were from over feeding I corrected, nothing really has changed, the pleco in question is the newest fish in the tank and kinda small, but has been chowing down today, idk what caused the parameters to swing like this but to answer your question and hopefully lead me to an answer the ph from my tap is 6.8 ish 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 75 hardness it looks like and 0.8 chlorine 

I would daily small water changes to get your nirates down coupled with your low buffer could be getting pH swings that more than likely what's affecting your fish i would add.prime Daily as it also detoxify  nitrates till you get your nirates down to below 40

Edited by Colu