New fish quarantine

Nourhan

Hello! I'm new to this forum!  I had a few questions about co op's article on quarantining fish. Im using the quarantine med trio 

1. How much of each med trio should dose for a 7 gallon? Full dose? Half dose?

2. Will my loaches be okay not being fed for 9 days during med period?

3. Do I have to remove my filter media during dosing quarantine med trio? I currently have them on 7 gallon container with air stone and cycled filter sponges, and co ops sponge filter.

Thank you! :)

Welcome to the forum!
7 Gallons is a tricky number to dose with but heres what I would do:

1) Treat with a full dose or 3/4 of a dose. If your doing half a dose your risking the medications to not be strong enough to do anything productive.

2) Your loaches should be just fine for the 9 days. I just recently left my fish for 10 days with no food, I came back and they were perfectly fine.

3) Remove any carbon. I'm not sure why this is but most medications tell you to do this. I beleive the carbon removes the medications from the water, not sure though. 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:38 PM, James Black said:

3) Remove any carbon. I'm not sure why this is but most medications tell you to do this. I beleive the carbon removes the medications from the water, not sure though. 

You got it. Carbon is a water polisher and absorbs chemicals as water flows around it. Anytime you're using meds (minus aquarium salt) you should be pulling the carbon, if you run any to begin with.

• Like 1