BBQ

ChemBob

On 9/11/2021 at 7:16 PM, Robert said:

If I wasn't in the fish business I would be getting into the BBQ business. Love doing BBQ!! I have a offset smoker and like to use Cowboy Charcoal.

I would say "why not do both?" but they are not exactly jobs you can juggle a side job with.

• Like 2

@lefty omight need to trade mark that name. Another area I always wanted to play in is brewery or distillery but the wife may have something to say about that. Figure out how to make a good GF beer. Name would be "Garage Monster _______" garage monster is my code name for that huge oddball fish in your garage. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, Robert said:

If I wasn't in the fish business I would be getting into the BBQ business. Love doing BBQ!! I have a offset smoker and like to use Cowboy Charcoal.

Yup, hardwood charcoal is fun, it’s easier than wood but feels more authentic than  kingsford briquettes. I use mostly oak or hickory and maybe a tiny bit of mesquite  if I’m doing beef. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, Patrick_G said:

@ARMYVETOh wow cool cooker! I was thinking you’re starting a bit late but then I realized you’ve probably got app control over the cooking cycle. 

Yes I sure do.  I can have my wife uncover the smoker and start it up and heat from anywhere.  
The Rec Tec Bull is the absolute best smoker I have ever used! 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:58 PM, ARMYVET said:

Yes I sure do.  I can have my wife uncover the smoker and start it up and heat from anywhere.  
The Rec Tec Bull is the absolute best smoker I have ever used! 

I love the process of cooking over wood or charcoal but there’s no denying the pellet smokers produce some good meat. I also do quite a bit of hot smoked salmon and it would be nice to just set it and forget it. 

• Love 1

On 9/11/2021 at 8:45 PM, Patrick_G said:

I love the process of cooking over wood or charcoal but there’s no denying the pellet smokers produce some good meat. I also do quite a bit of hot smoked salmon and it would be nice to just set it and forget it. 

This is my third smoker and now I get to enjoy the party rather then just tend fire all night. 
I would never go back…although I am looking at a Kamado Joe🤪

• Like 1