Stringy Poo but no other symptoms

laritheloud

Hello!

My thicklip gourami loves to give me anxiety. She's behaving fine but passing some stringier poos. The tank has been through parasite treatments in the past, and no other fish has stringy poop problems. It's also not a constant thing. I'm guessing constipation and she keeps eating way too much (I always catch her stealing the corydoras' food, the snail food, everyone's food, and she barrels through huge groups of fish to get more food).

I already fast the fish up to twice a week. Should I be concerned about the stringyness? Should I add peas to the diet or focus on feeding different foods to prevent bowel troubles? There's a part of me that wants to dump antiparasitic meds in the water so I can be sure, but I also treated for parasites in the past with Praziquantel and Levamisole (separate occasions). I'm not entirely sure why she seems to be the only one with problems other than she seems to gorge herself on food more than the other fish. I can try to feed even less per day, but I'm nervous all the fish won't get their share!

Advice? Thoughts? Should I just try not to worry about it and let them be?

EDIT to add parameters:

Ph. 8.0
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5-10ppm
Kh/Gh both around 10
77 degrees

Edited by laritheloud

White stringy poop is usually is when your fish hasn't been eating this could be for just  a couple of hours to a couple of days this is when you only see  mucus this white stringy.poop as you have already treat for parasite in this tank I wouldn't medicate I would just monitor her for now I don't think you have anything to worry about

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, Colu said:

White stringy poop is usually is when your fish hasn't been eating this could be for just  a couple of hours to a couple of days this is when you only see  mucus this white stringy.poop as you have already treat for parasite in this tank I wouldn't medicate I would just monitor her for now I don't think you have anything to worry about

It’s mucus mixed with regular normal stool! Thanks for the reassurance, colu. She’s a great fish she just loves to worry me 🤪