Help! Unidentified eggs in tank!

Dorian

Not sure where else to get help on this.

Today I noticed these little egg type looking spheres throughout my tank. Yesterday they were not there. And today there are at least 12 (that I can see) spread randomly on the bottom of my 5.5 gallon tank. 

Does anyone know what these are? I have 1 mystery snail, 1 ghost shrimp, and 1 molly fish (currently being treated for ich).

I have noticed some tiny new, possibly nerite, snails that must have come with some new plants I got over 2 weeks ago. 

The "eggs" look slightly yellow fluid filled with some air bubbles(?) in them?? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! 

random eggs.jpg

On 9/2/2021 at 1:30 PM, Dorian said:

Does anyone know what these are? I have 1 mystery snail, 1 ghost shrimp, and 1 molly fish (currently being treated for ich).

I have noticed some tiny new, possibly nerite, snails that must have come with some new plants I got over 2 weeks ago. 

Out of all the inhabitants you listed, the only thing that would make sense is the Ghost Shrimp, but the eggs don't look like the right color. Since the name 'Ghost Shrimp' covers a wide variety of species this might be why. Shrimp take care of the eggs, so if your shrimp is female you should be able to see some eggs under her tail in her swimmerets. If there are some there you know your culprit. Again though, to me they still don't look right to 100% say that it's from that.

As for your baby 'nerites' that's going to be a rare thing. Nerites spawn in freshwater, but the babies won't live in it, they require brackish to marine level salinity to thrive until they are large enough to migrate and live in freshwater.

If you recently got plants, the eggs could have been attached to leaves and the Mystery Snail you have could have knocked them off and that's why you're just now seeing them.

On 9/2/2021 at 3:59 PM, eatyourpeas said:

If the new plants came in pots, it is possible they are fertilizer beads. They look a little bit like eggs.

Hrm, that's another good thought, they are yellow too.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Colu said:

They could be mystery snails eggs that have broken a way from the egg cluster

Mystery snail eggs look like a mass of chewed bubble gum.

Thank you all for your help! They have now disappeared.... So I am thinking maybe fertilizer beads?? Not really sure what else they could have been. 

Again thank you so much for the feedback and ideas! It is greatly appreciated!