Bumblebee Otocinclus

SD24

Hi everyone!

I recently saw some bumblebee otocinclus at a lfs but can’t seem to find a lot of information about them online . I saw on a YouTube video that Aquarium Co-Op sometimes has them so I figured I’d post here.

Does anyone have any experience with them? What do they eat? Tank size/parameters?

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 7:32 AM, SD24 said:

Hi everyone!

I recently saw some bumblebee otocinclus at a lfs but can’t seem to find a lot of information about them online . I saw on a YouTube video that Aquarium Co-Op sometimes has them so I figured I’d post here.

Does anyone have any experience with them? What do they eat? Tank size/parameters?

Thanks!

I’ve seen them at Aquarium Coop and they’re cool  but I think they’re a bit pricey. >$20 

• Like 1

https://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=808

It depends on the exact species in the genus; I did some reading and depending on the species they might require black water ph 5.5 as well as being very finicky eaters and quite warm - upper 80s. I'm not sure if this is accurate for the specific fish you are referencing. They are not super common and in the wrong environment they don't last long. Also like oto they require a nice size group.

Edited by anewbie
  • Thanks 1