#idasucks

Fish Folk

Everyone has a flood of some sort in their lifetime. Just have to limit your multitasking and make sure to check taps before you leave the fish area if you're using a python. The kicker is when you have an unexpected sump flood... Those are not fun...

**Edit**

Well I'm a dummy, didn't correlate the title to the hurricane going on... Man this sucks. Happen to have any spare bags of substrate to use as sandbags to route the water away from your home?

Edited by Tihshho
  • Like 1

Sorry, I hope the damage isn't too bad.  My sister and her husband live in Baton Rouge and are staying with us all week.   Basically, they are waiting for the worst of the chaos to end so they can go home and survey for any possible damage to their property.   

Edited by Kathy F
  • Like 1

My uncle's family is in Houma. They aren't allowed back yet to check damage but from everything I've seen Houma was pretty much lost. I feel for all the people affected by hurricanes. They got lucky in Katrina and didn't get any damage at all. He did get his cats out before he evacuated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Think it depends about moving the tank. I had a pipe break and my 125g had to be moved. They moved it as long as removed fish and water. The only thing big enough for the Pacu was the  IG garden bath tub. Two things happened. I found new home for the Pacu( side note: I love Pacu but they should not be sold at most pet stores.) And my wife said no fish in the bath tub.I think with them being so busy it might be hard to do. If is you do insurance they should move it. Most policies have rules about aquariums and sizes and what is covered. 

Edited by Brandon p
Add
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, Brandon p said:

Think it depends about moving the tank. I had a pipe break and my 125g had to be moved. They moved it as long as removed fish and water. The only thing big enough for the Pacu was the  IG garden bath tub. Two things happened. I found new home for the Pacu( side note: I love Pacu but they should not be sold at most pet stores.) And my wife said no fish in the bath tub.I think with them being so busy it might be hard to do. If is you do insurance they should move it. Most policies have rules about aquariums and sizes and what is covered. 

Personally I think you should have not heard your wife and put him the bath tub !

On 9/4/2021 at 5:50 PM, anewbie said:

Personally I think you should have not heard your wife and put him the bath tub !

They went in the bath tub. The tank was way to small for pacu. There was no way I was getting ing there with the though and tha was before I saw the” River Monsters” episode 

• Haha 1