Dosing Easy Green and how often?

Jackk

Hi, I’ve attached an image of my tank with plants shown. I have Anubias, Buce, Java Fern, 10 marimo moss balls, water lettuce, Java moss, and flame moss. I understand these are all slow growing plants but I’m wondering if I should be dosing easy green more frequently throughout the week. 

I have the lights on for 10 hours and I have a potentially overstocked tank with cherry shrimp, guppies(15-20), gourami, bristlenose pleco, 2 whiptail catfish, 2 platys, lots of amano shrimp, bladder snails, chopstick snails, Nerite snails, and ramshorn snails.

I test water usually and have between 20-40 ppm for nitrates. I have very soft water from a well in Washington state. I put 2 wonderhells in that are rated for 10-20 gallons each for hardness. I also add leaf litter sometimes for shrimp(causes softness too). I used to be able to grow water lettuce that had long roots but I removed too much and had to restart. I put some more in but they’re small in size and I hope they grow more. I also noticed I have duckweed in the tank by accident.

My main questions: how often should I dose easy green per week? I do 3 pumps once a week. I feed 4-5 times a week now. Does the density of plants matter when increasing ferts? Should I tone lights down from 10 hours to 8 hours? Mainly looking to get insight on how to increase water lettuce growth. I have airline tubing blocking the flow from the filter so they don’t have much agitation. I used to grow them well but they’re not growing as fast. 

CC857B83-039F-4F9C-B74A-FF1AD55282B1.jpeg

I have a question aswell.

I have a 65g aquarium thats running 2 Fluval 3.0 running 9 hours a day with a DIY co2 injection system.

Specs:
Fluval stratum
2x Fluval 3.0
DIY Co2 running 4 bubbles/sec
Large clump of Anachris, Monte Carlo, Anubias, Scarlet temple, and pothos plants hanging off the top of tank (roots submersed) oh and Java Moss.

Just wondering also, would the EG cause additional nitrates in a test?

20210827_132822.jpg

On 9/1/2021 at 8:46 AM, Dakota said:

I have a question aswell.

I have a 65g aquarium thats running 2 Fluval 3.0 running 9 hours a day with a DIY co2 injection system.

Specs:
Fluval stratum
2x Fluval 3.0
DIY Co2 running 4 bubbles/sec
Large clump of Anachris, Monte Carlo, Anubias, Scarlet temple, and pothos plants hanging off the top of tank (roots submersed) oh and Java Moss.

Just wondering also, would the EG cause additional nitrates in a test?

20210827_132822.jpg

It does contribute to nitrate testing.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 6:30 AM, lefty o said:

if you think they could grow more, give 2 pumps twice a week a try. 

Would you do 2 pumps a week as in 3 pumps 1 day and 3 pumps half way through till the next water change or 2 pumps literally? I just have very soft water so I’m trying to make sure they have good nutrients so they grow properly.