Rescape and experience with seeds within aquarium

Lloyd t

Hello so im looking to rescape my aquarium as the substrate isnt to my liking i currently have 3mm black gravel along with some tetra fertiliser for the living plants i have various fish such as an eel ammarno shrimp wood shrimp hillstream loaches and various average fish like neon tetras 

The reason for the rescape is that the eel has dug up all of the fertiliser now and it looks horrible as well it has stained my water in the tank 

Im looking for some inspiration or ideas has anyone had any similar problems with this also he pulls plants out of the substrate so there floating in my tank lol  

Any help or ideas to prevent these issues  would be appreciated 

Thanks 

Edited by Lloyd t

The co-op sells this rick with a hole in it so you can just put the planter in side of it and so nothing can dig it up. Personally, when I had this issue I would just take three medium sized stones and put them in a triangle around the base of the plant. SO unless your eel likes to move stones, you should be good. You also just let the eel take them out, its all good fun for them. 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:22 PM, Keeg said:

The co-op sells this rick with a hole in it so you can just put the planter in side of it and so nothing can dig it up. Personally, when I had this issue I would just take three medium sized stones and put them in a triangle around the base of the plant. SO unless your eel likes to move stones, you should be good. You also just let the eel take them out, its all good fun for them. 

I have tried using rocks yet when i get back from work im still having same issue i was looking at something similar to what you recomded with a rack 

Thx for the help 

• Like 1