KH & PH dropping between water changes

tnnlynch

I recently noticed in my 29 gal planted tank the PH was dropping from 7 to 6.4 and my KH was dropping from 80 to 40 in 7-10 days.   The prior month it had been fairly stable with PH of 7.2-7.0 and KH of 80 (climbed to 120 when I was on vacation & no water change).  NO2 is 0, NO3 is 25-50, GH is 300.   Tap water is 300 GH, 7.2 PH and 80 KH.  The fish don't seem to be in stress but I was confused as to why all of a sudden this was happening.

I have been keeping a spreadsheet of various aquarium activities by date since I started the tank in May.  Looking back it seems my PH and KH have been dropping since I started feeding a home made 'snello' for my snails and shrimp.  I generally feed the "snello" once a week after a water change with the exception of last week where I made a mistake and feed twice (PH hit 6.4, KH 40).  This jello mixture has quite a bit of Calcium Carbonate in it which I am assuming is lowering the KH.

I am thinking I will change the feeding schedule to be two days before the gravel vacume/water change to limit the time the remnants are in the tank.

That make sense or am I still missing the culprit? 

No CO2.  Substrate is eco-complete under gravel.  Easy Green 3x week, Easy Carbon weekly, Easy Iron 1 every two weeks and flourish potassium 1 month, No significant change in plant mass lately.  I tend to prune ever other week when I change water.  The tank was running fairly consistently from May through July with my Valisnaria and dwarf lilly having filled out late July when I added root tabs for them.  No significant algae issue other than some minor hair algae on the Vals.