Red Spot on Pygmy Corydoras

CorydorasEthan

It could.have had constipation and been struggling to pass anything and that why it's got inflammation of anus that what it looks like to me you could monitor for now or do a course of maracyn and see how he goes  I would usually recommend salt treatment with pygmy Cory's being sensitive to salt I think maracyn is the way to Go I would make sure he's passing poop and eating ok @CorydorasEthan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2021 at 1:19 AM, Nooby said:

@CorydorasEthan has he been eating?

Yeah he's been eating. Picture taken as he was foraging for food in the plants. 

On 8/29/2021 at 7:12 AM, Colu said:

It could.have had constipation and been struggling to pass anything and that why it's got inflammation of anus that what it looks like to me you could monitor for now or do a course of maracyn and see how he goes  I would usually recommend salt treatment with pygmy Cory's being sensitive to salt I think maracyn is the way to Go I would make sure he's passing poop and eating ok @CorydorasEthan

Thanks! Should I treat the whole tank? The only other tank that I have available for quarantine is a 5 gallon bucket. Also, if I do move him, will it stress him out? 

On 8/29/2021 at 11:59 PM, RachelElizabeth said:

Any med with the active ingredient erythromycin (an antibiotic) could be substituted for Maracyn. I believe API sells Erythromycin. Might be able to get it through Petsmart.

I was just about to ask about this! Thank you! I've already ordered Melafix, but read that it might not work. Either way, I'll get the erythromycin. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 10:52 AM, Colu said:

Melafix isn't I very effective med I would treat with kanaplex or maracyn2 if you can't get maracyn

I bought erythromycin as well. Unfortunately, the cory had already died by the time I made it home. Thanks for the help anyway. I'll be better prepared next time. 

• Sad 3