Advice/Opinions on how I want to stock a 20 gallon aquarium

Eddie Dingle

Hello everyone, a few weeks ago my 10 gallon sparkling gourami species only tank developed a big ole crack in it. I did an emergency rescue mission and netted out my 6 gourami and moved them to a patio pond as a temporary home. I'm going to set up a 20 gallon tank tomorrow, I'm going to heavily plant it with crypts and anubias. The filtration will be a baffled aquaclear 30. 

Now to my question, would I be able to have a healthy aquarium with 6 sparkling gourami, 8 exclamation point rasbora and 3 to 4 borneo sucker loaches? I assume that's the upper limit of livestock but I would greatly appreciate your opinions and input. I'd slowly add the livestock, I don't plan on adding everything at the same time. 

That seems like a good amount for a 20, maybe a little on high side but should be fine. The sparkling gourami like slow moving water and the loaches need a variety of fast and slow water, so there's a small conflict of environments. Plus consider the idea of an airstone, I dont know if lots of plants and the aquaclear 30 will provide enough oxygen for the loaches. 

Please update on this tank, I can't wait to see it!