Sick or Injured Betta

Streetwise

If only bettas were as easy to fix as a pesky SmartBoard! 😜

(I feel like I heard somewhere that you were in edu-tech...I'm the tech assistant at my school...pretty much only good at fixing printers, SmartBoards, and resetting Chromebooks!  Forgive me if I'm cray! 😂)

I am rooting for y'all!!!

• Thanks 1

HDM I can't even!! 😂  I've never used a Promethean Board...but it sounds like a good time!

We had an issue where the teacher's chairs were producing so much static they were messing with the SmartBoard inputs...it took us foreverrrr to figure it out!  Those dang sticky electrons!  A sick betta might definitely be easier in that instance, for sure!! 

At least the educators got new chairs! 😜👍

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2021 at 3:58 AM, Streetwise said:

She is still alive. I treated again, and fed a tiny bit. I am not optimistic, and I still see problems.

Has the wound on her belly started to heal and and is she eating the food your offering 

If she still weak and not eating it's not looking good when their appetite goes it usually because their puting all there effort into fighting the infection have you tryed adding some garlic guard to her food to try and simulate her appetite

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

Streetwise;

This is somewhat off topic, but I hope you weren't adversely affected by TS Ida when it came through.

I wanted to mention the other day, but I didn't think TS Ida would make it's way in your direction, but there are 4 quadrants to a Hurricane or a TS and they each have their own characteristics.

South and East of the eye is where you'll see the most wind and tornadoes, the East and North is where you'll receive the most rain, the West is where you'll find the cooler temps.

There is no dispute, Hurricanes are dangerous, but they do serve useful purposes. The winds bring down dead limbs and uproot diseased trees, Hurricanes bring rain to areas that may need it, and they equalize temps between Northern and Southern Latitudes. Unfortunately, we're in their path and they're getting worse.

When TS Ida came through here, the eye of the storm was to our West and I expected the worst here, but here we got a slow rain while those folks to the East and West of here got torrential rain and high wind, 

Hurricanes are unpredictable so it's best to be prepared, watch the Weather Channel or your local news station to see if it's headed your way and if so, which way the eye is going.

Sincerely

Gator

• Thanks 1

@Streetwise do you have any daphnia?

Is she still fighting?

And what temp do you have the bucket at?

Remember my Krishna? The comeback kid?

He fought his way back several times. After watching Gianne's betta presentation multiple times, I suspect that I figured out the ongoing stress that never allowed Krishna to fully heal: breathing cooler, dry air in the Q/T tank.

Try putting saran wrap over the top of the bucket so you can see in. Slowly elevate temp to 82°, to make breathing easier and increase metabolism. If you have live daphnia, offer some. 

You should see improvement within 48 hours.

Keeping my fingers crossed 

• Thanks 1

I had two other sponge filters ready from my bucket setup, and turned them all on. I also started another round of treatment. She is coming up to feed and looks much happier. I hope it helped that I kept her with Anubias and wood. She often sleeps on the leaves.

I appreciate the help from the forum.

E4C9A0A6-1662-46D0-B4BA-2FEECDF26860.jpeg.268980987638f48f5e876ed0b0fc525d.jpeg

0D4A4101-3B2D-44B5-8475-2FF8ADD5E1EB.jpeg.e1bc08a0c68ff4d2200c42e4ee243970.jpeg

D63AEA08-541D-4363-BCDB-4EACDA5EB9ED.jpeg.1bfe07550e1797e8791fecdb41c1875c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Is she a crown tail?

If she is a CT, they are notorious for going eggy, looking bloated, and having to fast for a couple of days. My experience was my CT would hide her food when she got eggy (saving it to bribe a non-existent male🤷‍♂️) which would cause an ammonia spike and bacterial bloom if I didn't catch her hiding the food.

She ultimately lived to be 5 yo

• Like 1