When it rains - you hatch mystery fry

DebSills

On Saturday I rescued two guppies, an endler and an ADF from being thrown out on someone's back yard to die - well, thankfully I had a cycled sponge filter and an extra tank...I set it up with a rock, the extra filter and some floating water sprite from my display tank. Today I came home from work to find tiny tiny tiny fry in my tank with the guppies and endler - I was able to save two of them (not sure if there are any others, or if the guppies and endler ate the rest (actually had to suck them up using my turkey baster...only used for tanks, not turkey 🙂 ). I'm not sure who dropped eggs in the floating water sprite from my display tank, but I guess either the CPDs or the Embers? I have pygmy cories and three otos in there too (and one Honey, but...) so I doubt its the otos or the cories, but I guess it could be anyone? I wasn't planning on fry, but if these two live, I guess they can go live in the fancy tank with mom and dad eventually, or just live with the guppies...I'm guessing they're going to need to live in the net for a while though just so the guppies don't eat them...SO tiny 🥰 honstly, I just hope at least one of them make it so I can figure out what it is 🙂 20210825_205720.jpg.0825a002813062e427438f316cee4d10.jpg

• Like 3

sadly my fry didn't make it - I tried to move them to a different spot because the genius ADF kept getting herself stuck between the fry net and the glass, but they didn't end up making it 😞 it was a short life, but if they had been in the display, they would have been eaten as eggs, so...silver lining??

huge props to those that can raise fry that small! not in the cards for me, at least right now

• Sad 3