Neon tetra white growth on lip

NeonTetraMX

It difficult to tell off your pictures it looks like loses skin if it is a growth it could be caused be parasites neon tetra disease or it could be a cyst it's difficult to no for shore I would monitor your fish closely if it's  neon tetra disease your fish can be infected for months before showing any symptoms when there are subjected to stress their immune system can't cope and you can start to get symptoms Frist check your water parameters how long have you had the fish have you add any new fish or plants  to the tank  what temperature is your tank have you treated with any meds

I've had the neons for about a year... I got them when they were very tiny, so they are all still pretty young. About a month ago, I moved them from a heavily planted 10 gallon to a new 29 gallon. Since I was using the same filter media and plants, the water parameters have been petty stable. The temp is 25/77 degrees. GH 75. KH 80. PH 7.2.

After noticing the growth on the neon's mouth, I dosed the tank with Paraguard (the only medication I have on hand) for about 10 days with no effect.

They seem to be acting normally, eating well and schooling together. I'm not actually sure how long the tetra has had this white thing. I can only see it with my reading glasses on. Obviously, I've been paying more attention recently because of the new tank. At least 10 days... maybe a lot longer.

• 4 weeks later...