Question about ParaCleanse

Oracle 721

The ParaCleanse 100 gram container comes with a scoop and the directions state to dose 1 scoop per 10 gallons. I filled the scoop to the top thinking that was 1 dose but that looked a little too much to me. The scoop has a line about half way around the cup, is that where I should have filled it to get 1 dose?

On 8/25/2021 at 5:26 PM, oracle 721 said:

The ParaCleanse 100 gram container comes with a scoop and the directions state to dose 1 scoop per 10 gallons. I filled the scoop to the top thinking that was 1 dose but that looked a little too much to me. The scoop has a line about half way around the cup, is that where I should have filled it to get 1 dose?

I believe fritz has a contact feature on the website aq coop definitely does. I would consult to make sure. I’m paranoid though so 🤷‍♀️

On 8/25/2021 at 6:30 PM, Guppysnail said:

I believe fritz has a contact feature on the website aq coop definitely does. I would consult to make sure. I’m paranoid though so 🤷‍♀️

Thanks for responding. I bought it from Aquarium Co-Op sometime ago to have on hand so I'll contact them if I  don't hear from anyone else. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 8/25/2021 at 2:26 PM, oracle 721 said:

I would suggest using a level scoop if the directions call for one scoop. I don't have the bulk Paracleanse, but I do have the bulk Maracyn, and it calls for one level scoop.

One thing to note on the scoops, is that companies buy the scoops from manufacturers that have scoops for various volumes, and they may have other markings on them for multiple-use customers. 

I was at the LFS today and saw a box of ParaCleanse which gave me the idea to test if one packet would fill the scoop from the bulk container to the top or to the line/separation which would determine what makes a scoop of ParaCleanse. Since 1 packet = 1 dose for 10 gallons and 1 scoop = 1 dose for 10 gallons the amount of ParaCleanse would be the same. I emptied 1 packet into the scoop and it only filled the scoop to the line/ separation, not even close to the top. They both should equal 1 gram per dose.

I got waaaaaay to much time on my hands.😁

Peace,

Rich

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 7:56 PM, oracle 721 said:

Since 1 packet = 1 dose for 10 gallons and 1 scoop = 1 dose for 10 gallons the amount of ParaCleanse would be the same. I emptied 1 packet into the scoop and it only filled the scoop to the line/ separation, not even close to the top.

Smart to test it. 

I assume giving too little Paracleanse would be inadequate to do the job. I wonder if dosing too high would be safe.