Aloha from HI!

Hello everyone, my name is Steph. I have only had a little planted 9 gal. tank for 2 years now (incl. a 6 months break due to moving). I am originally from Germany but immigrated to the US a while ago. Due to COVID I am currently staying home and occupying my time with learning how to program, gaming and K-Dramas (it’s a new obsession of mine that drives my husband crazy). My husband is a cargo pilot, so luckily for us his job was affected in a rather positive way, compared to mine. We moved from MN to HI last year and are enjoying the aquatic life in the ocean when not spending time with our Jack Russell “Mollie” and our little nemo Betta “Mochi”. I am glad that Cory started this forum, so newbs like me have a better way to get their questions answered instead of reading through 50 articles and older forum entries that all contradict themselves. Anyway, nice to meet you all 😄.

-Steph

• Like 1

Hello Steph. My kids and I lived in Hawaii for four years; it was absolutely gorgeous there. I do miss the water, being able to hike without fear of snakes and that gorgeous drive up H3.... Which island are you on? We were on Oahu, my ex husband is retired Navy and we were stationed there before coming to Virginia. I also visited Lanai, but only briefly. I plan to come back for a visit after a few other bucket list travel spots have been checked off my list (after coronavirus obviously). Nice to meet you.

• Administrators

I’ve been to Hawaii 3 times and love it. I daydream about moving there. I worry that I may grow tired of it and being away from my business would have me worried. But being out in the sun light that. I always come back recharged, new product and video ideas.  I kinda think I’m an island life type person. Maybe some day 😛 

welcome to the board! 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Had to look up what a Kdrama is. Just finished a lengthy series and was looking for something new, so I think I will check out 'Possessed'. Who knew I would find binge watching advice on this forum ☺️

I hope you like it.   It's a little silly and a little violent but after a while, the characters are endearing.   It took me an episode or so to get into it, but I've watched the first 2 seasons now.   I don't watch a lot of TV, so I probably won't get back to watching this until after we finish watching the Umbrella Academy  (I'm watching the 2nd season of that with my husband while I try to catch up by watching the 1st season.  A little confusing sometimes!)

Edited by ForestJenn

1 minute ago, ForestJenn said:

I don't watch a lot of TV, so I probably won't get back to watching this until after we finish watching the Umbrella Academy  (I'm watching the 2nd season of that with my husband while I try to catch up by watching the 1st season.  A little confusing sometimes!)

We are finishing up 'Time Team' a reality British Archeology show with zany characters that ran for 20 seasons. I can watch the discus while we watch TV, so sometime I miss important plot twists.

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We are finishing up 'Time Team' a reality British Archeology show with zany characters that ran for 20 seasons. I can watch the discus while we watch TV, so sometime I miss important plot twists.

We've watched that!  My husband more so than I, but it's a lot of fun!   It was strange to see "Baldrick" at first as I've only ever watched him on Black Adder.  If you like clever, British reality shows, you might enjoy Travel Man.  Richard Ayoade is another smart and funny Brit!  

Sorry @Trvlingeek!  We hijacked your thread!   Based on your screen name, you might like Travel Man too!  

Edited by ForestJenn