Don't Miss the Live Presentation on Aquatic Plants & Aquascaping with Tom Barr

Zenzo

• Administrators

Hey Everyone!

I am excited for our next Aquarium Co-Op Club event with our guest speaker, Dr. Tom Barr. Tom is a world renowned aquascaper, author, and aquarium plant enthusiast. He holds a bachelor's degree in aquatic biology, a masters degree in botany, and a PhD in plant sciences. Tom has been keeping aquariums for over 40 years, with planted aquariums being his focus since 1989. He is best known for his research on plant nutrients, and the development of the Estimative Index (EI) method of plant fertilization. 

The event will be live for members of the Aquarium Co-Op YouTube channel, and will also be available as a playback video (also for members only). 

If you would like to learn how to become a member so that you may view this talk as well as past and future presentations, click here: https://www.aquariumcoop.com/pages/membership

0CA5B3E6-A6F5-4FEB-9CDE-A4E6DC97D904.png

• Administrators
On 8/25/2021 at 12:31 AM, KentFishFanUK said:

What's the date and time of this one? Need to work out if I need to book time off work to catch it! 

@KentFishFanUKAll of the upcoming events can be found here (always same time and same day of the month): https://www.aquariumcoop.com/pages/events

If you are not able to catch it live, it will be available for playback for members. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 9/18/2021 at 1:27 PM, Patrick_G said:

@Zenzo I’m sorry about the technical difficulties! I stuck it out and enjoyed Tom’s talk quite a bit. He’s a guy who’s verbal and written communication style are totally different.  I’m glad you suggested the home tour and interview. I have a feeling that one will be popular. 

Much appreciated @Patrick_G Hopefully the home tour will make up for the poor connection on the speaker's end today. 

@Zenzo I know that as a perfectionist, you were frustrated, 

AND

Three talks so far and today was the first time there were issues?

I don't know if you follow the crisis teams, but the fires are wrecking havoc on infrastructure. You know they are hot when they are killing sequoias which evolved in a symbiotic relationship with fire.

I think the talk was still pretty awesome, and a reminder that no matter how many dress rehearsals and dry runs, Murphy's Law will still have the final say.

Thank you for the series, and I gotta say, it was awesome reading @Guppysnail in the chat today!

• Like 4

On 9/18/2021 at 9:06 PM, Torrey said:

@Zenzo I know that as a perfectionist, you were frustrated, 

AND

Three talks so far and today was the first time there were issues?

I don't know if you follow the crisis teams, but the fires are wrecking havoc on infrastructure. You know they are hot when they are killing sequoias which evolved in a symbiotic relationship with fire.

I think the talk was still pretty awesome, and a reminder that no matter how many dress rehearsals and dry runs, Murphy's Law will still have the final say.

Thank you for the series, and I gotta say, it was awesome reading @Guppysnail in the chat today!

Thanks I finally got to see it live 😍 I usually have to watch replay. 

• Like 5

On 9/18/2021 at 9:27 PM, Torrey said:

@Zenzo is there a post / journal / thread thing with the full calendar of events?

Or at least the guest speakers events?

Trying to find the link again, I think I generally find things by accident 😅

You and @Candi keep me from getting lost, lol

There is a tab on the website under "club" it lists the upcoming events: https://www.aquariumcoop.com/pages/events

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Administrators

Hey Everyone. Just a quick update on the follow-up video that I will be making for all of you due to the technical difficulties. Tom will be available in a couple of weeks for me to go out there for a visit and to film. Once I have a chance to get out there, I'll film and quickly edit the video for members to view. 

Thank you for your patience!

Thanks @Zenzo! Looking forward to it, thanks for keeping us posted, started watching it earlier and the audio makes some parts hard to watch, which is a shame because the content is great!

Be good to persuade Tom Barr to the forum if he isn't already? Occasionally whilst googling questions about plants and algae old posts on other forums come up with posts from the man himself, is he one of us yet? 😂

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 9/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, KentFishFanUK said:

Thanks @Zenzo! Looking forward to it, thanks for keeping us posted, started watching it earlier and the audio makes some parts hard to watch, which is a shame because the content is great!

Be good to persuade Tom Barr to the forum if he isn't already? Occasionally whilst googling questions about plants and algae old posts on other forums come up with posts from the man himself, is he one of us yet? 😂

He has his own forum, so I think he would mostly be active there. It's called the Barr Report. 

On 9/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, KentFishFanUK said:

Sorry to mansplain if you already know, but Tom does have his own Forum The Barr Report. It has tons of great info on planted tanks. 

On 9/22/2021 at 4:44 PM, Zenzo said:

He has his own forum, so I think he would mostly be active there. It's called the Barr Report. 

Beat me to it! 😆

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2