What fish do you have that is a water puppy?

Guppy Guy

I agree that pea puffers are like puppies -- puffies! Mine, all named after our favorite cheeses -- Jack, Munster, Rino and Brie -- all greet us in the morning and dance and play in front of the tank whenever we get remotely close by. Their eyesight is truly amazing! I didn't think I could get so attached to fish, but love those little guys. 

• Like 1

My blood parrot and angel fish are the most puppy-like ones. Especially the parrot. She dances and smiles, she chases my finger along the glass and follows it when I show her where the food is. She gets crazy jealous when I feed other pets in the same room, she yanks and throws around her heavy air-stone plate to attract attention to herself. If I ignore her, she pretends not to know me for a while...unless I show her her food container, which promptly leads to her dancing again. 

• Like 2

3 of 9 is top dog in the Tinfoil Barb tank.  He bites the hand that feeds him!   The TFBs will group on the side of the tank that corresponds to where you are in the room.  If there is a possibility of being fed, there is no such thing as personal space.

TFB Crew.jpg

This thread is awesome! Haha I love seeing the personality on these amazing creatures, especially the guppies chasing the red dot and plecos begging for food haha 

My “water puppy” is my recently acquired clownfish. I have had him for a little over a month and he loves attention. Every time I get close to the aquarium, he begs for food and gets in front of my face so I can see him. Even when I try to photograph corals, he will swim in front of the camera. I just shot this video of me acting like I was going to take a picture of some corals just as an example:

B2F6AEEB-CAD6-4C30-BE4D-C1C24649F96A.gif.dff88b668b187f7cf85f8e65a0d7a3d2.gif

I could tell he was a curious little guy before I even added him to the aquarium 😂

B7D09FA9-7B0F-464C-BA81-1CE3706FB027.jpeg.b58805421a302fc0e45fe5797b92e8f8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 5