ParaCleanse & Bio Balance?

Barnacle_Gil

ParaCleanse states that it "may" affect ammonia & nitrite (Bio) levels in the tank and I'm asking if someone more experienced has an explanation?  I've done the first dose last evening and I plan to test the parameters tonight.  Do you think it will destroy the Bio or should I just give the tank a shot of Stability to bolster things back up?  I'm going to follow Cory's directions but he doesn't mention the affect on the Bio.

Thanks for any help,

Gil

Rochester Hills, MI

On 8/24/2021 at 11:08 AM, GameCzar said:

I dont THINK paracleanse has any antibiotics that would effect helpful bacteria, I think that's the maracyn that brings that danger.   I could be wrong.

The instructions do state that it can "negatively affect beneficial bacteria which remove ammonia and nitrite from water."  I'll keep an eye on things and hope for the best since I'm not familiar with the product.

Thank you for your response,

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, Barnacle_Gil said:

The instructions do state that it can "negatively affect beneficial bacteria which remove ammonia and nitrite from water."  I'll keep an eye on things and hope for the best since I'm not familiar with the product.

Thank you for your response,

I'm still bumbling with the whole "medtrio" thing.   The 3 meds you are to use have conflicting instructions.   Change the water, don't change the water, etc.   
Good luck!  

• Like 1

@Colu Do you happen to have any links to studies that have looked at whether the metronidazole affects the nitrifying bacteria or not?  I haven’t looked for anything like that, but could easily see it happening.  I need to brush up on my basic knowledge about the nitrifying bacteria.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:41 AM, Odd Duck said:

@Colu Do you happen to have any links to studies that have looked at whether the metronidazole affects the nitrifying bacteria or not?  I haven’t looked for anything like that, but could easily see it happening.  I need to brush up on my basic knowledge about the nitrifying bacteria.

I don't no how to link computers at my strong suit 

• Like 1