Pale Pygmy Corydoras

JL316

Darn, the picture quality is also poor because I have an old camera.  Here are the results:

ammonia= 0, nitrite= 0, nitrate=40

because the nitrate was higher than expected, I’m planning to do a big water change.

Ahh gotcha.. it looks really nice.  The sad thing is, my sterbai were friendly in 40B.  But once I put them with Pygmy, they followed Pygmy skittish behaviors.  I missed the days when the sterbai were not afraid of me. 

also, I hope it’s not too off tangent, but we’re you able to get skittish corydoras to become friendly?.  It seems the sterbai and the Pygmy continue to be afraid of me in their 110 gallon tub.  It’s sad because I thought they would be friendlier in a bigger tank.  

Edited by JL316

Really?  Is it parasite or fungal infection?  
Also, I have attached some pictures.  It’s probably not too clear for it to be noticeable.  But it seems like the top sterbai seems normal to me.  I expect it to be pale because of the sand substrate.  But the bottom substrate seems more pale.  I had corydoras in the past which became more pale everyday until it passed away.

3F1490BD-51AD-47B0-8FEC-5D9B57DF112B.jpeg

E9457204-0580-48EA-96F8-C708323F8B62.jpeg

069FAD5E-F023-4F4A-A08C-778516A24AC3.jpeg

I just recently started with Pygmy Cory and found mine do not care for bright light and prefer to have lots of floating plants. It seemed to reduce their stress and their color improved. They became more active as well with reduced light and floating plants. Mine were not pale though just not blazing color. I’m not saying this will “cure”them by any means I’m just offering what I found they enjoy

If it is a parasitic infection you want to treat all your fish in the main tank just to be on the safe side if a couple of your fish are showing symptoms it's more than likely some of your other fish will be infected and not showing symptoms yet