Hydrogen Sulfide Well Water - HELP!

wolfman_9234

So my well (dug 1 year ago) suddenly started having a STRONG rotten egg smell, which I have been told is hydrogen sulfide.  I am going to try to treat the well with bleach over several months as recommended, but I have no option but to use this water for my water changes.  (I have 10 tanks ranging from 10 gallons to 75 gallons so buying water from the store is not an option).

Does anybody know of or recommend any additives that may help reduce the amount of hydrogen sulfide going into my tanks, so my fish might survive this?  Or any other recommendations in general...

I do have carbon filters on my well, and as I said am treating the well itself with bleach as recommended.  I am looking for an endpoint solution.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

carbon should help with the smell. big thing to consider while you are running bleach in the well is to use a good dechlorinator when you change water. can also get something like a big blue filter and run a carbon cartridge in it just for fish tank use.https://www.amazon.com/Pentek-Big-Blue-Housing-NPT/dp/B0045LUE4W/ref=asc_df_B0045LUE4W/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198100225426&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16714143859260805739&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019701&hvtargid=pla-379864889179&psc=1 something like this. not recommending this particular one, it just popped up in a quick search.

• Like 1