how long does co2 last in a very large tank

hi!

i recently got a 240 gallon tank( 1000 litres). im planning to add some plants ( only around 5  pots of java fern and moss ) to the wood, just to make everything look a bit better.   i use 3 20W floodlights and fertilize with tropica premium nutrition twice a week. i have a 0.5 litre from my old planted tank which i broke down. any idea how long it will last on this tank, and how many bubles per second i have to use.

thanks!

For java fern and most mosses, you don't need CO2. Just 60 watts of lighting on a 240 shouldn't cause you much trouble in terms of algae growth and that lighting shouldn't over stimulate your plant growth. How long will a half liter of CO2 last? Forever if you don't use it and you really don't need it with those plants and that amount of light.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 6:53 PM, gardenman said:

For java fern and most mosses, you don't need CO2. Just 60 watts of lighting on a 240 shouldn't cause you much trouble in terms of algae growth and that lighting shouldn't over stimulate your plant growth. How long will a half liter of CO2 last? Forever if you don't use it and you really don't need it with those plants and that amount of light.

thanks! i actually had it on hand so i just wanted to use it , even though i dont actually need it. 😅

On 8/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, lefty o said:

id save it for when you venture into more demanding plants.

it is actually very cheap to refill co2 in my area so i dont really see a problem with using it now. also the actual reason i use ferns is that my turtle keeps eating any other plants😋