Hello from New Zealand

2tanks

My name is Jess, and I've been a fish keeper for a year but am pretty dern sure I will have fish for the rest of my life.  I love the hobby so.

I have 2 AquaOne eco 47s - one has my dwarf Puffer Moody and my 3 Otocinclus.  The other has my Guppy girl Sarah and 19 fry.  These are the first fry I've ever had and they are growing great and doing well - am totally excited to see how they colour up.

IMG_20200713_102550.jpg

IMG_20200710_221809_628.jpg

IMG_20200223_215224_569.jpg

• Like 1

Realized I didn't give much info about myself - not really much of an introduction 🤣.  

I work in a local bookstore 5 days a week, which is lucky because I'm an avid reader.  I have my little house in my beautiful little city, which I share with my dog, cat and the fishes.  Also my flatmate and her cat.  It's winter here now, and we're all hanging out for spring.

Hello!! That lil puffer is amazing xD I have 3 in my BN pleco grow-out tank to keep the snail population down.

My fiance is a kiwi and someday (who knows with the pandemic) I will be moving there (Palmerston North area). I've been looking for fellow fish keepers there to connect with!!! If either of you is willing to share info about local water parameters and fish/plant availability, please let me know, I'd love to pick your brain!! 😄

On 7/17/2020 at 5:15 AM, JessicaD said:

Hello!! That lil puffer is amazing xD I have 3 in my BN pleco grow-out tank to keep the snail population down.

My fiance is a kiwi and someday (who knows with the pandemic) I will be moving there (Palmerston North area). I've been looking for fellow fish keepers there to connect with!!! If either of you is willing to share info about local water parameters and fish/plant availability, please let me know, I'd love to pick your brain!! 😄

Hi, I live near by, Palmerston north has 2 Fish stores but only one is a LFS the other is a chain store so fish and plants are limited. Not sure of the water parameters as I have a different water source. NZ is a small country so most places can be couriered overnight. We can get a good selection of plants and fish and there is a great plant place that is only 1 hour away.

Only issue, no Aquarium Co-Op 😢