transition fry from methylene blue to water with moss

CT_

I'm keeping eggs in methylene blue for the first time and I saw one video with Dean saying he dilutes the methylene blue out with 50% water changes once to twice a day.  I want to add some moss in their fry tray too but am wondering when I should do it?  I don't want to kill the moss or any infusoria that might be living in it to die because of the methylene blue. 

You're probably right to acknowledge a risk to the moss and microfauna from the methylene blue. So here's my whacky idea I've been playing while hatching some corydoras eggs: 

I do it all in a hang on tank breeding box hung inside rather than outside the tank with an airstone for circulation. Temp stays matched to the tank it's attached to and then when it comes time to dilute out the meth blue I just hang the uplift tube on the side of the box and let water gradually flow into the box and overflow down a funnel and tube to a bucket.. After 20 or so minutes it's all clear and I flip the box to the outside of the tank and carry on with raising the fry.

Screenshot_20210823-115600.png

• Like 2