Help with finnex planted plus 24/7 hlc

Slick_Nick

Hi everyone I recently purchased the finnex planted plus 24/7 hlc, and I’m curious how the custom 24/7 works. I already set all the time slots to what percentage I want the lights so be. My question is say I want the lights to come on at 7am, do I press the 6am button at 7am when I’m in the time set mode? Or is there a ramp up and down time before lights come on and before they go off? The reason I’m curious is I’m using pressurized co2 and I just turned the lights on manually today, but I want to get it working properly before I go back to work on Monday. Thanks for any help I hope someone has lots of experience with this light.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, s1_ said:

If using the custom 24/7 settings you have to use the blue 24/7 button. 

The light doesn't know what time of day it is, you have to tell it what time you want it to think it is.

It will then run through the custom 24/7 program

Correct so when I set the time will it turn on right at that time or does it ramp up or down before the time I set it for? 

This video helped me setup a custom mode for my moms tank last week. I am not sure but I think it will always ramp up starting at the time you set lights. If you have it blacked out at 3am and some custom setting at 6am it will ramp to your full setting starting at 6am as far as I know. You can press the demo button to watch a sped up cycle. But the most sure way is to set it and watch.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, s1_ said:

This video helped me setup a custom mode for my moms tank last week. I am not sure but I think it will always ramp up starting at the time you set lights. If you have it blacked out at 3am and some custom setting at 6am it will ramp to your full setting starting at 6am as far as I know. You can press the demo button to watch a sped up cycle. But the most sure way is to set it and watch.

Thank you I appreciate your help! I have my co2 set to come on at 6 tomorrow morning and the light to come on at 7 so hopefully I did it correctly and it all works properly!