Breeding corydoras

Jimmy

On 8/23/2021 at 12:18 PM, Jimmy said:

This is great information. I’m screen shotting it. I already have a small understanding of how to breed them but no sense in not being teachable. Can’t wait to get a couple groups going

My best advice would be to start with one of the more common, easier to breed ones, like bronze, sterbai, or pygmy. Get your feet wet with one or more of those, then move on to others than can be more challenging. No matter what, its still great to have eggs and then get them growing out. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, Andy's Fish Den said:

My best advice would be to start with one of the more common, easier to breed ones, like bronze, sterbai, or pygmy. Get your feet wet with one or more of those, then move on to others than can be more challenging. No matter what, its still great to have eggs and then get them growing out. 

That’s good advice. With 27 empty aquariums I’m making a initial fish list. Corys pseudomugils and killifish. Trying to keep a plan. Room is for breeding. I bought the 20 longs exclusively for corydoras. 
once my room is built I’m not sure if I will continue my build thread or start a new journal/thread 

• Like 1

I now have at least 12 bronze cories in my 100 gallon community despite only adding 6 adults.  I finally sold all the cories from my 29 gallon plant holding that had 10 adults and sub adults that were sold first, then sold 8 juveniles recently.  I started with 12 adults and subadults in a 20 gallon plant holding tank.  I have not made any effort to save eggs or remove adults, etc.  If they survived, fine, if the eggs got eaten, well, that’s life.  I don’t need any more bronzes.

I am planning to get some orange laser cories.  I will make an effort to save their eggs and raise them!  They will not be going in with any bronzes, of course!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, Odd Duck said:

I now have at least 12 bronze cories in my 100 gallon community despite only adding 6 adults.  I finally sold all the cories from my 29 gallon plant holding that had 10 adults and sub adults that were sold first, then sold 8 juveniles recently.  I started with 12 adults and subadults in a 20 gallon plant holding tank.  I have not made any effort to save eggs or remove adults, etc.  If they survived, fine, if the eggs got eaten, well, that’s life.  I don’t need any more bronzes.

I am planning to get some orange laser cories.  I will make an effort to save their eggs and raise them!  They will not be going in with any bronzes, of course!

I think I’m going to do a few inches of leaf litter in a set up or two 

• Like 1