Need help cutting cost of fish room

Atitagain

If you need to dechlorinate your water, use Continuum Aquatics Fraction D powdered dechlorinator. It is incredibly concentrated, only 1 gram is needed per 240 gallons... So make the math, for a 40 gallon breeder for example, you will only need 166 milligrams, That's literally a lentil-sized amount of powder to dechlorinate the whole tank. a bottle will last you AGES!

Their biggest size is a 4 kiloggram bucket, for just $100. That bucket will probably dechlorinate a lifetime of the hobby.

Hope I don't get banned for suggesting another product, but here's their page:
https://www.continuumaquatics.com/marine_wc/fraction-d.php

Edited by HenryC

On 9/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, Guppysnail said:

I am sorry you are going through this. Having less tanks after my surgeries and recovery allowed me to find as much joy in each individual tank as I did in many. The facets of the enjoyment changed but is still my passion.  The time and joys you find with your grandchildren will be many. When they are grown they may even join you in your hobby adding a whole new depth to your enjoyment of the hobby. 

😢it is kinda sad but like you said there is still plenty of enjoyment to be had. Just I’m different ways. The room has become a chore and I’m rushing every time I go in there and still never getting done what I set out to achieve. I’m staying positive and looking at it as getting back to the joy of the hobby.

thank you for all your kind words and help 😁

Edited by Atitagain
  • Like 3

On 9/13/2021 at 7:39 AM, HenryC said:

-Dunno if you already do this, buut you could switch to a single loop air pump like the ones coop sell and do sponge filters on all of your tanks. On the long run I'm betting it would be cheaper than having each tank with a hang on back or canister.

-Go to local landscaping biz for hardscape, or even nature itself.

-Buy Continuum Aquatics Fraction D powdered dechlorinator. It is incredibly concentrated, a bottle will last you AGES! Even with lots of tanks. I ltierally use tiny pinches even on my biggest, 100g tank! https://www.continuumaquatics.com/marine_wc/fraction-d.php

-And I'm not sure how many tanks you have, but doesn't it costs literal cents per day to run LED lighting? 

Thank you,

I do use the linear air pump already (absolutely love it BTW) I’m downsizing 2 canister filters, will be planning on a hike with grandkids keeping my eyes out for rocks and driftwood, and I didn’t think about the powdered dechlorinator when I run out of my liquid  I will order this and give it a try. 👍

• Like 1