Solo Move of a Frameless 9 Gal Tank

Stef

Hi All, anyone attempt a solo move of a frameless nano tank across a room...that's semi filled?  I have a 9 gal Fluval Flex with 2 inches of substrate, a few potato-sized seriyu stones, two mollies and live plants. It's on my kitchen counter and is just a tad large for the space. I know this is tricky with frameless tanks and I'm doing the move by myself. I'm physically strong enough to do it once most of the water is drained out, but what are my odds of damaging the frameless design?  The tank also has bowed front. I'd have to carry it about about 15 feet total distance. I've nearly dropped a coffee mug on it twice from the cabinet that sits above it  in its current location. So leaving it where it is, is also risky.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

I would drain the water save for a inch or so and take out the larger rocks. I was moving my 10g frameless with only the substrate and a little water and I really wasn't feeling good about it so I took out a (flat!) bookcase shelf and put the tank on that to support the bottom while moving it. Being smaller tanks it's probably all overkill anyway but erring on the side of caution doesn't hurt. 

@Streetwisesorry for tagging you in this, I initially had you tagged but changed my response. However I can't delete your name. So.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The move went smooth. No issues with the tank. I struggled with the board/shelf but all I had was an actual section of 2 x 6 and it added a lot of excess weight, so I just used my hands to support the bottom as best I could. Will try to get an thinner board for any potential future moves.

• Like 2