External Timer Compatible Indoor Plant Light

Kara C

I know many people who have tanks also have a houseplant obsession. I somehow kill all indoor plants I've tried, until discovering anthuriums. Either there's too much sun/heat or not enough in my house. So I have been trying to find a good full spectrum clip light to expand my houseplant collection. But it has to be compatible with the kasa smart power strip I have. So far I haven't found one that reviewers say comes back on with an external timer as most of what I saw have built in timers. Ideas? Do you have the magic answer as to where to find one? Or know of one that will turn back on if you don't use the built in timer?

Screenshot_20210820-141022.png

Screenshot_20210820-141207.png

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 2:26 PM, Kara C said:

I know many people who have tanks also have a houseplant obsession. I somehow kill all indoor plants I've tried, until discovering anthuriums. Either there's too much sun/heat or not enough in my house. So I have been trying to find a good full spectrum clip light to expand my houseplant collection. But it has to be compatible with the kasa smart power strip I have. So far I haven't found one that reviewers say comes back on with an external timer as most of what I saw have built in timers. Ideas? Do you have the magic answer as to where to find one? Or know of one that will turn back on if you don't use the built in timer?

Screenshot_20210820-141022.png

Screenshot_20210820-141207.png

I'm slow here . . . sorry . . . can you explain this for a luddite? 😂 Have you ever used a basic shop timer for an aquarium? I assume that if you plug in your full-spetrium light of choice to a timer, set it as you like, that the timer will close and open the circuit as you direct it with no problems.

Maybe your question is how to skip over some internal timers on the lights? I'm just confused here . . .

My wife has one with the same problem! The light’s built in switch turns off when the timer goes off but isn’t triggered to turn back on. 
My Nicrew aquarium clip light doesn’t have the problem, check it out. 

NICREW Fish Tank Clip on Light, Clamp Aquarium Light with White and Blue LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QQ9K3R9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_59C6D880V3KJY1C1V2MW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

Thank you. I may just do that for my other plant corner. I caved under pressure and impulse bought a light. Turned out to be a good buy. No finicky internal timer to worry about or bypass, the build quality is good, lamps stay put, the bulbs are replaceable, and each light has it's own power switch. So if you don't need both you don't have to waste any power. When the plant collection grows a lil more I'll get a tank light and save myself some hassle.  

Screenshot_20210826-182258.png