Swimming Up and Down

DavidR

I just got several fish in a few days ago. They are Rhadinocentrous. All are doing well except for one, it is swimming up and down, as in straight up with head on the top. It isn't moving up and down the tank, it is just swimming with it's head up.

The rear most fins appear to be slightly damaged, I don't see anything else going on. The fish is clearly not doing well, although it did eat a bit yesterday. Is there anything I can do for this young female?

On 8/20/2021 at 5:25 PM, DavidR said:

I just got several fish in a few days ago. They are Rhadinocentrous. All are doing well except for one, it is swimming up and down, as in straight up with head on the top. It isn't moving up and down the tank, it is just swimming with it's head up.

The rear most fins appear to be slightly damaged, I don't see anything else going on. The fish is clearly not doing well, although it did eat a bit yesterday. Is there anything I can do for this young female?

What are your water parameters and what temperature are you keep them at  and can you take a picture of the sick fish

Edited by Colu

I remember reading that rhadinocentrous like 74-84 degree I would up the temperature slightly it could swim bladder or a bacterial infection  causeing the odd swimming behaviour it's difficult to for what I do is Epsom salt bath 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes 2-3 times a day epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxants relieving pressure on the swim bladder for the next couple of days if theirs no improvement after that I would a course maracyn