For My Pea Puffer Lovers

Jennifer V

On 8/21/2021 at 4:02 AM, Odd Duck said:

This is what I got.  It’s 3/8” OD.  Green sounds interesting, might disappear even more with plants.

Edit to add I think I got 10’, though.

Edit again to add it was around $10.00 for 10’ if I remember right.

And the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask!

4B21D8AF-164D-416C-A566-6F0EB088E26F.png

Just saw your reply and had a Eureka moment - "Tubing For Home Brewing" - I though, 'wait a minute, don't I have some of that in the shed from my failed home brew phase?!' and yep sure enough I do! Plus a handy little clip thing that will be useful I'm sure and some 1 inch diameter tubing that I have no idea if it will be useful but maybe! 

Ah it's the small wins 🙂 thanks for that!

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2021 at 5:07 PM, KentFishFanUK said:

Just saw your reply and had a Eureka moment - "Tubing For Home Brewing" - I though, 'wait a minute, don't I have some of that in the shed from my failed home brew phase?!' and yep sure enough I do! Plus a handy little clip thing that will be useful I'm sure and some 1 inch diameter tubing that I have no idea if it will be useful but maybe! 

Ah it's the small wins 🙂 thanks for that!

So glad I could help!  And yes, it is the small wins.

When we went to add a “sight glass” tube on the RODI collection barrel I used some of my 3/8” tubing.  It didn’t need to be a large diameter, just translucent enough to see the water level.  It’s sometimes hard to understand why already having that tubing on hand felt like a triumph. Still had to buy fittings, lol!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 11:45 PM, Odd Duck said:

So glad I could help!  And yes, it is the small wins.

When we went to add a “sight glass” tube on the RODI collection barrel I used some of my 3/8” tubing.  It didn’t need to be a large diameter, just translucent enough to see the water level.  It’s sometimes hard to understand why already having that tubing on hand felt like a triumph. Still had to buy fittings, lol!

True still need to get an end to end fitting thingy to make it work but that shouldn't be too difficult! 

When I watch some YouTubers with fishrooms/studios I see all the spare equipment or hardscape or even spare plants in nurserys just ready to be used whenever the need arises and I think it would be awesome to have all that at hand, I look forward to growing my collection of 'fish stuff'. I often browse marketplace looking for decent second hand equipment at great prices just because even if I don't need it yet I know I will one day. 

The added bonus to that is that hobbyists tend to be very enthusiastic towards other people who share the same passion and I've ended up getting a bunch of extras for free! You just don't get that from big box stores haha. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 6:13 PM, KentFishFanUK said:

True still need to get an end to end fitting thingy to make it work but that shouldn't be too difficult! 

When I watch some YouTubers with fishrooms/studios I see all the spare equipment or hardscape or even spare plants in nurserys just ready to be used whenever the need arises and I think it would be awesome to have all that at hand, I look forward to growing my collection of 'fish stuff'. I often browse marketplace looking for decent second hand equipment at great prices just because even if I don't need it yet I know I will one day. 

The added bonus to that is that hobbyists tend to be very enthusiastic towards other people who share the same passion and I've ended up getting a bunch of extras for free! You just don't get that from big box stores haha. 

Yes!  To the free extras!

• Like 1