Green tomato recipes please

Very off topic…I grow all my own veggies. Every year I donate to the food bank. Last year it was 287 lbs. so goal this year was to donate 300+. Back to back tornados one last week one last night uprooted one of my tomato patches 😡. I lost 42lbs split open ripe but I have 60.5 lbs of green some immature green some mature green from the demolished plants. 
The food bank I donate to deals mostly with assisting battered women/children regaining independence.  I always print a bunch of recipes that are extremely low budget easy to make to go with the veggies I donate from my outdoor and hydroponics garden. 
I do not want this many tomatoes to be wasted and I don’t have space to let them ripen. 
The only green tomato recipe I have is my grandmothers for frying them…it’s an acquired taste…

I am hoping you wonderful folks may have some quick easy low budget green tomato recipes I can print!

Thank you in advance for any help 😀

• Like 5

A previous neighbor used to make tomato pie. It was a delicious, savory pie and she alternated thin slices of green and red tomatoes.  She might have also put thin slices of zucchini in there.  I’ve seen tomatoes pie recipes on line but I don’t know which one she used.  I think she probably tweaked the recipe, too, she usually did.  I’d bet you could find a recipe that suits you.  I don’t think it was complex or fussy and I know she sometimes made it with pre-made refrigerator crust and sometimes with homemade crust.

• Like 1

O, green tomatoes, there are many delicious recipes for those who like spicy/pickled/marinated vegetables and don't mind lots of garlic. I would post a link to a page with ~200 easy recipes... but they are not in English. Here is probably the easiest and cheapest, green tomato salad:

• 1 kilo of small green tomatoes
  • 1 fresh chili pepper 
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tbsp of salt
  • 2 tbsp of sugar
  • 2 tbsp of vegetable oil  (unrefined sunflower, olive, corn, etc.)
  • 2 tbsp of 9% vinegar

Cut the tomatoes in wedges and the chili in small pieces, add crushed garlic and the rest of the ingredients, mix well, put into a closed container and let sit in a refrigerator for 12 hours. 

For variety, add stripes of bell pepper, sweet onion, carrots, fresh herbs (dill, coriander, parsley, celery, etc.). 

• Like 1

One of the restaurants I worked in did an awesome fried green tomato appetizer. 

Dredge slices in seasoned flour then dip them in buttermilk and hot sauce then coat in seasoned cornmeal and fry them. Basically think fried chicken but cornmeal instead of the second coat of flour. 

We served it topped with bacon and ranch. 

• Like 2