Help me identify this loach please.

Ryan W8

On 8/18/2021 at 6:46 PM, Its Hutch said:

Not a YOYO. Looks to me to possibly be a Botia Kubotai.

Definitely not that. Hmm I'm lost. This came with a tank purchase someone was letting go of so I'm not the original purchaser and am lost 🙃 

On 8/18/2021 at 11:39 PM, Colu said:

It looks like a young  botia Almorhae

Screenshot_20210819-044219~2.png

So it's a yoyo loach says Google? I have a young yoyo loach I just purchased for another tank and it's much more white and block with more pronounced y and o patterns. Do these morph as they get older?

On 8/22/2021 at 6:04 AM, Ryan W8 said:

So it's a yoyo loach says Google? I have a young yoyo loach I just purchased for another tank and it's much more white and block with more pronounced y and o patterns. Do these morph as they get older?

They will change colour slightly as they get older 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 2:44 AM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Beautiful loach no matter the type. How did you come to own him? LFS? 

No my father bought a used tank off a marketplace along with all of its livestock so that's why I couldn't really identify what type it is but think we got it figured it out that it's a yoyo loach. I have a very young yoyo and it's white and black not that creamy color and black. And is absolutely beautiful I think as well and thank you! 😊 

On 8/24/2021 at 12:46 PM, Ryan W8 said:

have to say Google is wrong on this. Everyone I talk to says they can get up to like 6 inches. He is already at 4in

How big they get depends how well their cared for and a good quality food  i have seen 5in yoyo loachs 

On 8/24/2021 at 7:57 AM, Colu said:

How big they get depends how well their cared for and a good quality food  i have seen 5in yoyo loachs 

Have a feeling this guy or gal is def gonna get bigger then. I feed frozen bbs of my own as well as extreme krill flake and many many snails for it to eat lol

• Like 1